The Swine in Biomedical Research Conference 2022 (SBR 2022), hosted at the lakeside University of Wisconsin-Madison, is the seventh in the quintessential conference series. Since its inception in 1995, advances from the sequencing of the pig genome to the recent evolution of gene editing technologies have dramatically changed the landscape of porcine models. SBR 2022 marks the coming era of translational research in pigs, that promises to accelerate the discovery and development of clinically relevant therapies and technologies. It aims to foster collaborations between clinicians, biomedical researchers and animal scientists, and spark partnerships with the biomedical industry.
The planned sessions will:
- Identify unmet clinical needs and existing gaps in research.
- Showcase porcine models and reveal their strengths and limitations.
- Highlight innovative use of models for tackling clinical problems.
- Discuss novel tools for advancing biomedical swine research.
- Explore the need for biomedical swine research facilities, resources and expertise (Special Panel Session)
Register here for the conference.